Fall Roof Inspection Tips; Schedule Your Appointment Now
School is back in session and fall is right around the corner. Now is the time for a fall roof inspection, to check your roof for damage and wear. We suggest that you schedule your repairs and/or a roof replacement, if needed, before the temperature drops.
Preventative maintenance is key when it comes to home repair and especially for the upkeep of your roofing system. An annual roof inspection can save you from unexpected cost down the road.
Issues to watch for, when inspecting your roof:
- Rust or cracked caulk on the flashing
- Shingles that are broken, missing, curling or blistering
- Roof vent pipes that have worn rubber boots or are cracking
- Large amounts of moss or lichen -this could be a sign of decay underneath the roof surface
- Piles of colored grit from asphalt roof tiles can be an indicator that your roof system is nearing the end of its life cycle
Other early warning signs to watch for, year round, are:
- Water stains around water heater or furnace venting pipes
- Damp or dark areas on the ceiling or along the sides of a fireplace
- Paint peeling on roof overhangs
Annual maintenance reviews can help extend the life of your home’s roof and can save you from serious issues in the coming winter months. Now is the time to check your roofing systems and then contact Dick’s Roof Repair to schedule your fall appointment.
Something to keep in mind: According to Remodeling Magazine’s 2013 Cost vs. Value Report, “A new roof increases home resale value by a national average of nearly $12,000. The survey also revealed that homeowners who have new roofing installed can expect to recover an average of 62.9% of the installation cost through increased home value. This statistic puts new roofing ahead of building a bathroom addition or installing a backup power generator in terms of ROI.”
Contact Dick’s Roof Repair today to secure your appointment on our fall work schedule.