The beautiful summer weather is here, flowers are blooming and the sky is amazing. As you work from home or look outside during the day, do you find yourself wishing you had new windows? So you could better enjoy the view or perhaps open the window for a little more fresh air? Especially if you are the proud owner of a more historical home in Kenosha, since older or disrepaired windows can be a problem. These days, many home projects have been put on hold as we limit the number of people in our houses and practice social distancing. What might surprise you is that now is still a perfect time to get your windows updated and new ones installed. Especially if you call the team at Dick’s Roof Repair.
Since 1957, our skilled and knowledgeable technicians have been helping to keep Kenosha County homes safe, sound and, well, beautiful. From siding to roofing to, yes, even windows – our team has the experience to get the job done quickly, SAFELY and with outstanding results.
As we all traverse the new “norm” in 2020, companies, including Dick’s Roof Repair, have stepped up their safety and cleaning responsibilities and routine. Our team is taking this task, especially to heart when it comes to windows installations since this task requires us to enter your home. We want you, your family, and our team to feel safe during the entire process.
Our dedication to keeping you and our team safe include:
- Working closely with the homeowner to set up all times for visits, measurements and installation dates, to limit interactions/interruptions with household members.
- Limiting our crews to 1-3 installers.
- Limiting the team members who can enter the home to only the foreman, who will wear a mask at all times.
- The foreman will shut off the room required for the installation by closing the door and/or using vapor barriers/screens to enclose the work area from the main living space.
- The Dick’s Roof Repair foreman will prioritize all interior work so that it is finished first and then sanitized, prior to moving the work to the exterior of the home.
- All interior and exterior job sites will be cleaned at the end of the project.
- Dick’s Roof Repair office will call/email/text each homeowner to let them know when the job is complete.
- Invoicing will be handled electronically and homeowners can make payments via mail or by dropping the check at the Dick’s Roof Repair office.
- Receipts can be emailed or mailed to the owner.
Besides helping you enjoy the beauty of mother nature, whether your home is in Downtown Kenosha, near Petrifying Springs Park or in one of the many neighborhoods in Pleasant Prairie, new windows can also improve the safety and curb appeal of virtually any home. New, updated windows can increase your home’s air flow, provide better insulation, provide beautiful, natural lighting and increase the curb appeal of your home.
The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that you’ll save between $126 to $465 a year by replacing single-pane windows in your home. Depending upon how many you have to replace, you may see savings after even one year or two!
Four reasons you should consider replacing your windows.
- They are looking rough. If your windows are damaged, warped or broken, it is time to call the experts at Dick’s Roof Repair. Our team can inspect your home’s windows and provide you with a FREE estimate on your replacing windows. If your windows fog up, are drafty or stick when you open or close them, replacement might be your best option.
- If your energy bills are “through the roof,” replacing your windows could be a solution. Drafty windows can cause your energy bills to be about 10% to 25% higher, according to Energy.gov.
- Makeover time! If your home’s curb appeal needs some updating, new windows can be the perfect “face lift.”
- Two words: Wisconsin Winters! Wisconsin’s weather can wreak havoc on your windows, especially in the winter. The effects of constantly changing weather, from balmy 40 degrees to gale force winds and subzero temperatures, can slowly erode away your windows appearance AND effectiveness.
Don’t wait until next year to start thinking about your home’s windows. Contact the Dick’s Roofing team today for your FREE estimate and to get your home scheduled this summer or fall.