Are you thinking about updating your home but not sure which project to start first – windows, siding or replacing your roof? This is a perfect opportunity to determine which home improvements will give you the biggest bang for your buck.
When improving or updating your home, the top proven ways to increase your home’s value is:
- Make it more attractive.
- Make it low-maintenance.
- Make it more efficient.
- Make it bigger.
- Make it smarter.
In today’s uncertain times, many homeowners are focusing on those top 3 items: attractiveness, low-maintenance and efficiency. Luckily, three of the TOP renovations for your ROI (return on investment) meet at least three of the above criteria for home value.
Top ROI Home Renovations:
- Siding Repair or Replacement
- Windows Replacement
- Roof Repair or Replacement
Damaged or unsightly siding can impact the perceived age of your home along with its potential charm. Curb appeal goes a long way when it comes to assessing the value of your home. Repairing your siding or replacing it can also help increase the energy efficiency of your home and help prevent moisture or wind from penetrating the walls. Updating your siding is a valuable renovation, and you can bring in a return of up to 76% on your investment.
New siding will help you:
- Boost your home’s property value
- Can help repair unseen structural damage
- Improve your energy efficiency
- Improve your curb appeal
Working with an experienced installer, like the team at Dick’s Roof Repair, can help you save cost and potential future headaches with your siding replacement. Our team can help you assess the needs for your home, offer a variety of options and discuss the advantage of using LP products, fiber cement siding and vinyl siding.
Replacing your home’s windows doesn’t just affect what you see when looking out. New, energy efficient windows can keep your energy cost down, and improve the look of your home. Windows are a functional update that might not be as visually noticeable, but are much appreciated for improving energy efficiency. A $10,000 expenditure on new windows can bump up an asking price on a house about $8,500, according to ISoldMyHouse.com, for an 85% ROI.
New windows offer a variety of advantages:
- Easy maintenance compared to old, hard to open/repair windows
- Sound attenuation – modern windows can help block not only cold or hot air, they also help reduce outside sounds in your home.
- Increased energy efficiency with increased insulation and double- or even triple-paned construction.
- New windows can help you sell your home, since prospective buyers will appreciate avoiding that potential cost down the road
A new roof is always a great selling point when it comes to your home. In fact, the Remodeling Impact Report shows that 32% of real estate agents said a new roof recently helped them cinch a deal.
Besides the actual increase in home value that you get from your new or professionally repaired roof, you can also start the clock on lower heating and cooling bills by exploring appropriate shingle colors and materials designed with the technological expertise of scientists familiar with rugged midwestern weather patterns.
Reasons to Install a New Roof:
- Reduced Energy Cost: As mentioned above, a new roof can help you weather the ups and downs of Wisconsin temperatures and decrease both your cooling and heating cost. Some roof shingles even have an ENERGY STAR® rating because they are designed to reflect solar heat.
- Resale Value: A new roof is a bonus to new home buyers, increases your curb appeal and can improve your home’s value.
- Warranties: A standard warranty for premium shingles can last as long as 50 years. Saving you (or a new home buyer) money in the long run
- ROI: Remodeling’s 2019 Cost vs. Value Report found that the average American homeowner spends $22,636 on a new asphalt shingle roof of midrange quality. That new roof will increase the home’s value by $15,427, on average. That works out to 68% return on the investment.
The type of shingles you use on your home’s roof can also have an impact on the ROI of your investment. According to Zillow.com, the cost and ROI breakdown between asphalt shingles and a metal roof are:
Replacement – asphalt shingles
Asphalt shingles are one of the most widely used types of roofing materials. They’re sturdy, waterproof and relatively easy to install.
- Average national cost: $22,636
- Average resale value: $15,247
- ROI: 68.2%
Replacement – metal
Metal roofs are durable and low maintenance. They’re most commonly found in snowier parts of the country.
- Average national cost: $38,600
- Average resale value: $23,526
- ROI: 60.9%
Replacing your home’s windows, siding or roof is a big investment, and you should take the time to find a trustworthy roofing contractor, such as DIck’s Roof Repair, to complete the job.
You can take advantage of our FREE ESTIMATES offer and our talented team can take all needed measurements from the outside of your home. We’ll schedule a time to do a quick walk-around, take measurements and perform any other possibly required inspections, again, all from the outside of your home for the safety of you and your family.
In today’s modern era, our team is ready to communicate with you in so many ways:
- Call us! We would love to hear from you and schedule your home for an appraisal (all from a safe distance of course).
- Online quotes! Our online quote system is easy to use and available 24/7 on our website for your convenience.
- Discovery calls! Do you have questions and need answers? We can set up a call with you to discuss your options.
- Video chats! Sometimes putting a face to a name is important or perhaps you want to give us a virtual tour of your home and the issue you want to discuss.
Contact Dick’s Roof Repair today.