now and freezing weather are right around the corner and updating your siding is one sure way to keep your home warm and cozy during cold weather. As siding ages, it becomes less energy-efficient, allowing more drafts and cold air to seep in. Now is a perfect time to have your siding inspected by a technician from Dick’s Roof Repair.
Our team members are trained to look for:
- damaged or cracked siding
- siding that is extremely faded in color or blistering in spots
- siding that is bulging
Once the inspection is complete, our specialists can offer their suggestions and discuss repairing or replacing with you. These days, there are a variety of options and materials, depending upon the size of your home and your budget.
Replacing your siding can help you achieve a more durable exterior that can withstand harsh winter weather and can also require less maintenance and cleaning.
There are five great reasons to replace your siding in the colder months:
- Convenience. Traditionally, many roofing/siding companies are less busy in the winter months. This means you might be able to schedule your home’s upgrade easier.
- Upkeep. Modern vinyl siding is manufactured to require less maintenance. It is engineered to handle severe cold, wind and precipitation. This means your home will be protected from harsh wintertime weather.
- The yard. Wintertime installation means crews can be less worried about working around landscaping. Our crews are always respectful and careful of your home and yard, but it is easier to not have to work around plants and flowers.
- Warmth. Old siding, with cracks and other damage, lacks efficiency and that leads to a colder home and higher heating bills.
- Curb appeal. Updating the look of your home with new siding will increase your home’s curb appeal and thus increase its potential resale value. It is a great return on your investment. There are a variety of options and colors to choose from.
Many customers are choosing colors that are brand new to the market and add a pop of color to their home. Popular collections from Mastic Vinyl Siding include Carvedwood Premium Dark colors and Carvedwood Solar Defense Premium colors, as well as their cedar discovery shake and shingle siding. As a bonus, homeowners can use an online tool to view different color options and see what they like best. PlyGem offers a home exterior visualizer tool. Siding and shingle manufacturers are both thinking outside the box. If you’d like to take a virtual tour to see how a certain roof color might look on your home, we are big fans of Owens Corning’s visualizer platform. It’s an easy way to scroll through some of the latest color options before making a final decision. The Artisan series of shingles by Owens Corning, for instance, includes a variety of designer colors, including the 2018 Color of the Year, black sable.
Don’t wait until next year to start thinking about your home’s siding. Now is a perfect time to contact the Dick’s Roofing team for your FREE estimate and to get your home scheduled today.
We’ll schedule a time to do a quick walk-around, take measurements and perform any other possibly required inspections, again, all from the outside of your home for the safety of you and your family.
In today’s modern era, our team is ready to communicate with you in so many ways:
- Call us! We would love to hear from you and schedule your home for an appraisal (all from a safe distance of course).
- Online quotes!Our online quote system is easy to use and available 24/7 on our website for your convenience.
- Discovery calls! Do you have questions and need answers? We can set up a call with you to discuss your options.
- Video chats! Sometimes putting a face to a name is important or perhaps you want to give us a virtual tour of your home and the issue you want to discuss.
Contact Dick’s Roof Repair today.
**Please note that Dick’s Roof Repair vendors are experiencing delays in materials due to Covid-19 and that this delay could affect the final schedule date of your home’s siding project.