Summer is not over yet, but the changing of colors is not too far away. Don’t spend the rest of 2022 paying high HVAC bills, dealing with leaks, or staring at unsightly shingles on your house.
Now is the time to schedule your home for a new roof with Dick’s Roof Repair.
It’s no secret that roofs can be expensive to replace. But, if your roof is over 20 years old, it’s probably time to upgrade.
Reasons why you should replace your roof:
- Protect Your Home from the Elements
Your roof is your home’s first line of defense against the elements. Over time, sun, wind, and rain can take their toll on even the best-built roofs. If yours is old or damaged, it may not offer much protection from severe weather.
- Save Money on Energy Bills
An old or damaged roof can also lead to higher energy bills. If your home is not well-insulated, hot and cold air can escape through the roof. This means your heating and cooling system has to work harder to maintain a comfortable temperature inside your home. A new roof can help seal the temperature in, leading to lower energy bills. Replacing your home’s roof with asphalt shingles, for example, can increase energy efficiency in your home by up to 30% and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Prevent Water Damage
A leaky roof can cause water damage to your home’s interior, including the walls, ceilings, and floors. Water damage can be expensive to repair and can even lead to mold growth. Replacing your roof can help prevent water damage and keep your home in good condition.
- Increase the Value of Your Home
A new roof can also add to the value of your home. If you’re thinking about selling your home, a new roof can make it more attractive to potential buyers. You could see an ROI of over 60% on a new roof. If you’re not planning on selling anytime soon, a new roof can still add value to your home by helping it last longer and stay in good condition.
If your roof is approaching the end of its lifespan, fall is an ideal time to schedule a new roof installation.
Why schedule your roof replacement in the fall:
- Avoid the rush. Roofing companies tend to be busiest in spring and summer, as that’s when most homeowners want to get their roofing projects done. By scheduling your new roof installation for fall, you’ll avoid the long wait times and higher prices that come with peak season.
- Get it done before winter weather hits. Replacing your roof before winter arrives will help ensure that your home is well-protected against the snow, ice, and freezing temperatures that can cause severe damage to an aging or damaged roof.
- A new roof can help evict any hidden pests you might have and prevent any further “neighbors” from nesting in your home.
- As the weather cools down, many animals like squirrels, mice, and more seek refuge from the weather. If you have any cracks or holes that lead into your home, you may find that these pests will begin to nest and may spend the winter in your home. Once pests live inside your house, they may chew through wires, eat your insulation, and cause more damage to your home.
- Saving on heating costs this fall and winter. Older roofs may also have problems with insulation. If you do not have enough insulation in your attic or roof or damage elsewhere, your heat will be able to escape, resulting in skyrocketing heating bills.
- Replacing your roof in the fall allows you to fix/replace any damage caused during the summer months BEFORE the freeze of winter.
- Continuous sun exposure and sudden summer storms can damage your roof, leading to warped or cracked shingles.
If your roof shows signs of age or wear and tear, don’t wait to do something about it. Schedule a new roof installation this fall and enjoy the many benefits of a new roof.
Trusted Contractors Since 1957
When it comes to home improvement projects, we’ve been the trusted contractors throughout Kenosha and Racine since 1957. Our team has experience with siding repair, siding replacement, window replacement, and roofing repair and replacement. No matter what you’re looking for, Dick’s Roof Repair is ready to partner with you to bring your vision for your home to life.
Schedule Your Home Today Before It’s Too Late