It’s that time of year again – time to start thinking about roof maintenance. Like any other part of your home, your roof needs regular care and attention to stay in top condition.
Simple maintenance and advanced planning can save you a lot of money and hassle down the road. Annual maintenance reviews can help extend the life of your home’s roof and can save you from serious issues in the coming winter months.
We suggest scheduling necessary roof repairs and/or replacements before the temperature drops.
Issues to watch for when inspecting your roof:
- Rust or cracked caulk on the flashing
- Shingles that are broken, missing, curling, or blistering
- Roof vent pipes that have worn rubber boots or are cracking
- Large amounts of moss or lichen – this could be a sign of decay underneath the roof surface
- Piles of colored grit from asphalt roof tiles – these can be an indicator that your roof system is nearing the end of its life cycle
Other early warning signs to watch for year-round are:
- Water stains around water heater or furnace venting pipes
- Damp or dark areas on the ceiling or along the sides of a fireplace
- Paint peeling on roof overhangs
Another good idea is to keep an eye on your gutters and downspouts. Clogged gutters can lead to water damage, so make sure they’re clean and clear. It is also important to direct downspouts away from your foundation to avoid flooding.
Finally, fall is an excellent time to trim trees near your home. Overhanging branches can cause serious damage to your roof during a storm. So, take the time to prune them back and help keep your roof safe and sound.
Following these simple tips will go a long way toward keeping your roof in good condition for years to come.
Find The Best Roof Replacement & Roof Repair Company Today
Your roof is one of the most critical components of your home, providing security, warmth, and protection to you and your family. You should only trust true professionals, like Dick’s Roof Repair, to work on it.
Waiting too long to repair or replace your roof can be costly. Dick’s professional inspectors will help you identify areas that are beginning to wear and, if not addressed, will likely fail you after the cold weather sets in.
Our skilled craftsmen will thoroughly inspect the entire roof, including all flashings and shingles. We will also inspect the interior of your home to search out any damp or wet areas that are likely the result of leaks developing in your roof.
Not only will you be working with the area’s #1 roofing contractor, but we stand by our work with a 10-year warranty on our workmanship. We know our team will do it right for you the first time.