Dick’s Roof Repair: Tips for Getting a Quote
Getting a quote for major projects like roof or siding work doesn’t have to be a daunting task. By educating yourself on the right questions to ask you can gain a much better understanding of what to expect and when to expect it.
For over 60 years, Dick’s Roof Repair has been providing accurate estimates of anticipated costs for roofing, siding and other related projects in Southeastern Wisconsin. Some of the projects Dick’s can provide a quote for include roofing (repair, replace or install); siding, soffit and fascia; gutters; windows and doors; chimney and attic insulation.
There are a number of specific steps you can take to protect yourself and ensure that the work you are requiring will be done professionally and at the cost you anticipate.
- Ask the contractor who is providing a quote to confirm they are licensed specifically to do the work. Dick’s has all of the requisite licenses needed as well as the worker’s compensation and general liability insurance their customers have a right to expect. Inadequate insurance coverage could make the homeowner liable for injuries resulting from accidents on your property.
- Request references and talk to them. Get at least a couple for projects similar to yours if possible.
- Confirm that the contractor will obtain all of the necessary municipal approvals and permits. You can rest assured that Dick’s has been abiding by these regulations, in the Kenosha and Racine area, for over six decades.
- Ask the company about their safety record. Do they have a history of accidents? What heavy equipment will be used?
- How will variances to the original quote and change orders be handled? What are the issues that might arise that could result in changes to the quote?
- What are the payment and terms required? Will a deposit be required? If yes, when and how much (10% of the job total is common in advance of the work commencing).
- What are the materials to be used? Be sure to discuss colors and edge materials.
- Will ladder stabilizers be used to protect gutters?
- What is the timetable? When will work begin and how long will the entire project take? What happens in the event of bad weather?
- How will the project be warrantied? Is the warranty specific to materials or will labor be covered as well?
- Will the contractor perform all necessary clean-up? Will a dumpster on-site be required? If yes, where will it be placed? Will all landscaping and lawn areas be protected?
- Get the name and mobile phone number of an on-site communication person that you can discuss issues or concerns with.
Dick’s will employ a crew of 8 to 10 workers on a typical residential roof project. They have a reputation throughout Southeastern Wisconsin for top quality workmanship and reliability since 1957.
By getting a detailed quote that outlines the work, financial and qualification parameters of your project, you can go confidently into scheduling. In Kenosha, call Dick’s at 262-654-6644. In Racine 262-639-7864. Dick’s will provide you with the quote you expert for the quality work you deserve.