Is it Time to Repair Your Roof?
April 2, 2020
The five basic necessities to survive:
During the startling and unprecedented current events, a fair amount of people have probably had this thought go through their mind, as they contemplated what matters to them in the quiet of their own home.
Shelter. A home. A roof over your head.
This is the one necessity that the team at Dick’s Roof Repair can speak to. It has been our job since 1957, as your #1 local roofing company, to help you keep a roof that is in good repair, over your head.
When it comes to your roof, one of the last things you want to have is any damage or issues that point to “it’s time to replace the roof.” There are many signs that indicate your roof is in need of attention. Sometimes, in the cold of winter and even the onset of spring, these signs become more evident as a result of melting snow, cascading ice or just the expansion and contraction of roof elements as a result of changes in the weather.
If your home is in Downtown Kenosha, the lake effect might cause additional damage but that doesn’t necessarily mean your home, closer to Kenosha’s famous Brat Stop and away from the lake for example, is safer – roof damage can be an unfortunate part of home ownership.
It might be time to contact us, your local roofing company, if you see these any of these 10 signs of damage:
- Missing granules. Besides the aesthetic value of the granules on your roof, the loss of granular texture is a key indicator of the age of your roof. Less granules = older roof.
- Tar streaking. Those black streaks on your roof are actually algae. That algae can eventually cause damage to your roofing shingles.
- Missing shingles. Missing shingles can lead to leaks and additional damage to the rest of the roof.
- Curled or Buckled Shingles. Shingles begin to buckle or curl as they get older, due to the stress from mother nature. They will eventually become rigid and will break.
- Moisture and/or mold. You might think that bright green vegetation looks nice but it can indicate there may be trapped moisture, which spells possible issues for your home’s roof.
- Daylight coming through the roof boards. We hate to say it but, if you can see the outside (or daylight) coming through your roof, you should get that fixed and/or replaced right away.
- Ice dams or icicles on your gutters. Although icicles in the winter can be beautiful, they (along with ice dams) impede drainage off your roof and can lead to significant water damage.
- Attic temperature differences. Ideally, your attic should be the same temperature as the outside. Anything else can be an indication of a poorly insulated and/or damaged roof.
- Leaky chimneys and/or roof. If you see peeling paint or water stains on your ceiling, it could mean water is seeping through your roof into your home. That means it could be time to repair or replace your roof.
- Overly high energy bills. If your energy bills are overly high, this could be an indication of a poorly insulated roof or other issues, where air is escaping out of your home.
If these signs are present in your home or business’s roof, it might be time to research your options. It might be time to call on a local roofing contractor, such as the Dick’s Roof Repair team, for roof repair or roof replacement?
Springtime is an excellent time to schedule an appointment with Dick’s expert roof repair team and to take advantage of our FREE estimates. We will come to your home or business to personally inspect your roof and provide suggestions for repair or replacement. Replacing a roof is not a quick process, but it does add visual appeal as well as increases equity in your home. In fact, research has shown that a new roof can add 15-40% to the value of a home.
Dick’s Roof Repair Service is your local expert in GacoFlex S4200 Flex Silicone Roof Coating Systems also. You can re-cover your flat roof INSTEAD of replacing it! GacoFlex offers a clean, economical and responsible solution for renewing a weathered and leaking roof!
If your roof is newer and in good shape, our local roofing experts can help with minor repairs and insulation projects. We have been servicing clients in the Kenosha and Racine area for more than 60 years. We are experienced, qualified and up-to-date on roofing trends and the latest products.
Since 1957, Dick’s Roof Repair Service has been meeting the needs of Southeastern Wisconsin homeowners and businesses. Practically everywhere you look in Kenosha and Racine are roofs that Dick’s has either repaired, replaced or installed. A 60-year history of trust keeps customers coming back.
Dick’s professional crews do everything from tear-off to clean up. Our goal is to provide you with the customer service and products you deserve. Entrusting your home to Dick’s is a great way to keep your home warm, dry and protected for decades. Some of the roofing-related projects we can assist with include:
- Shingle Tear-off
- Rubber Roofing
- Roofing Underlayment
- VELUX Skylights
- New Construction
- Warranty Work
- Complete Cleanup
For additional information or to request an estimate please contact us at 262-654-6644. Please note all estimates will be sent electronically or left in the home owner’s mailbox, along with any relevant product information and/or contact information. If any customer would like to discuss the estimate with a video call, arrangements can be made with our office or directly with the estimator.